There are many reasons why we tend to slow down and become more sedentary with age. It may be due to health problems, weight or pain issues, or worries about falling. Or perhaps you think that exercising simply isn’t for you. Read more..
Check out these reviews of healthy restaruants in the Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley area.... Read more..
Seniors are having a moment. As the U.S. population trends upward in age, the definition of what it means to be a “senior citizen” is shifting. Read more..
If you’ve bounced around like a pinball from urgent care to physicians’ offices for stomach issues, but are still undiagnosed, consider whether gastroparesis could be the cause of your symptoms. Read more..
As the temperature rises and the days grow longer, people spend more time outdoors. The pool, the beach, the backyard — these are all great places to be on a sunny day. But too much sun can cause premature wrinkling, sun spots, sunburn — and, in the worst cases, skin cancer. While wearing sunscreen daily should be a part of your routine, it’s most important when the sun shines brightest in the summer months. Thankfully, the newest sunscreens, clothing and sunglasses can... Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Harrisonburg Cardiology Practice Joining Sentara RMH Medical Group
- UVA Breast Care Program Earns National Accreditation
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks UVA as No. 1 Hospital in Virginia
- UVA Enlists Robotic Help to Enhance Blood Testing
- LEADERSHIP ANNOUNCED FOR MOMENTS MATTER CAMPAIGN
- Global Research Priorities Identified for Sudden Unexpected Infant Death